All students during any academy activity (including debate tournaments the academy attends) are expected:
- to avoid profanity; always be charitable; and limit himself/herself to discussion of lectures, argument analysis, analysis of contemporary social issues, and debate preparation;
- for events attended by the academy, to adhere to the student behavior rules of the event host;
- to refrain from public displays of affection;
- to refrain from personally exhibiting the vices of lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride unless part of the script for a performance event (which infers that the student will publicly represent the virtues of chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility);
- to refrain from criticisms of the Catholic Church or its teachings, unless it is directly relevant to the speech or debate topic in the event the student is competing in;
- to avoid anything that would undermine the ethos of the academy or its ability to be participate in the debate leagues and tournaments.